Today I was completely 100% inspired by something I saw on MTV (imagine that!!!). It was a trailer about a show called The Buried Life, which chronicles the adventures of 4 guys and their list of 100 things to do before they die. These guys pit the ultimate and most prevalent question in all of our lives. What do you want to do most in your life before you die. Whether it be tommorow or 50 years from now the day that you meet your maker, embracing your dreams and goals with a now rather than later attitude is what we should all take to heart.

I am so impressed by what my fellow UVickers have done with their buried life tour, and promoting the message that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. And yes, they even took it a step further and began helping others fulfill their dreams.

Now I’m big on inspirational quotes and I like to start off every bootcamp class with a quote of the day.
I’d like to share a fitting one with you right now courtesy of Henry Ford:
“Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can’t, you’re right.”

So don’t let anyone squash your dreams pertaining to what you want to do because you can do it – if you ever have a crazy conconction that you’ve brewed up in the recesses of your mind be relentless, share it with the world and make it come true.

All this talk about dreams and goal setting has inspired me to think bigger for myself and to think bigger in helping others. So if you need help getting an idea going or need the support of someone to tell you to take that first step – let me know, and it would be an honor to help you achieve one of your dreams – even if it’s crazy and you don’t think I would believe it. (If you’ve met me, you know I’m an off the wall dreamer).

Want to start with something easy? If you have a goal of “losing 20lbs,” I will guide you with that goal and we will knock that off your list.

Oh and I can’t say enough about writing down your goals/dreams. Make it a big friggan list and slap it on your fridge so that you can see it everyday. Make it your reality.

The power of list writing is so important: there was a highly publicized Harvard university study in the 70’s about college graduates and their goals, it turned out, that after they asked these questions, 5 years later, the 3% who had clearly wrote down their goals ended up being worth more than the other 97% combined. Making that list gives you a map, so that everyday you can take steps to put yourself closer to realizing your dream. If you have a shitty diet, write it down that you want to improve your diet. Now break it down into smaller goals like achieving a goal in week 1 such as not eating out. Next, in week 2 try snacking on only certain foods when you get hungry such as red peppers, almonds, zucchini, and carrots. It’s so powerful when you make that commitment to yourself and write it down. It’s difficult to follow an unclear map if it’s too broad and ambiguous, so be precise.

Here’s to your personal goals and crossing items off your own personal list.

Here’s a few from my list that are both short-term and long-term goals:

  • Have a 100 members in The Bootcamp Effect
  • Help Langley lose a 1000lbs
  • Have at least 5 bootcamp locations
  • Be in a hollywood movie.
  • Write a movie script
  • Get a university degree
  • Start a fitness company
  • Write this article

Now, if you haven’t already, write a list of what you want most in your life before you die.

If you have any dreams that you are willing to embrace then leave them as a comment or email me and start the process of making it become a reality.

Committed to your success,

Josh Saunders

CategoryLifestyle
Write a comment:

*

Your email address will not be published.

*

© BEFIT Lifestyle. Strength. Performance • #108 20530 Langley Bypass, Langley, Canada