The Biggest Winner Season 11 – Langley Weight Loss Challenge
Another 12 week instalment is in the books for The Biggest Winner. And with this challenge we put our participants to the test…
The challenge should they choose to accept it – lose a weight predetermined by them in 12 weeks through one of the hardest times of the year.
Yes, this challenge started October 14th and finished on January 6th.
- Football (err.. for some people 😉 )
- The Holiday Season
- New Years
A lot of challenges! Because the enemy is our habits and this challenge was designed to build newer, better, healthier habits conducive to living a lifestyle that spans 365 days a year, losing weight, looking good, and living the life you want to live.
Because, we can’t all be fitness monsters or maniacs.
So we layed down the gauntlet and when the holiday season settled, it left us with 2 individuals who lost the highest percentage of their initial bodyweight, $500 richer, and ready to take on their next fitness goals.
And the winner for the ladies:
Here’s a few words from Lara:
“Joining BEFIT was the best thing I have ever done for myself.
I decided to join after almost 2 years of being RELENTLESSLY asked by my friend to go with her, “you’ll love it & it’s amazing” she would tell me over and over. In Oct 2017 I finally gave in, I joined just in time for the 12 week challenge. Again, the best thing I have ever done for myself and she’s right, I do love it and it’s amazing.
The trainers are supportive and extremely helpful. You don’t have to think about what to do, it’s all planned out for you, you just have to show up and put in the effort, which is my favorite part. I’ve been to other gyms, but didn’t really know what to do, so I was not getting the results I wanted.
Now, I’ve joined this challenge and I want to win, which I did. I worked out 6 days a week, sometimes twice a day because I was enjoying it so much and I changed my eating 100%. I ate a whole food diet with healthy carbs and fats and as little sugar as possible. Eating this way helped me in other areas other than just weight loss. The amount of energy I have is insane, the strength I’ve gained in the last 12 weeks is amazing and the weight loss that I’m experiencing is more than I ever expected. I have lost 17% of my body weight and feel so good. I can’t wait to see what changes I will experience in the months to come.
If your on the fence like I was, just go for it.
I promise you, YOUR’RE worth it!!!”
And the winner for the men is:
Here’s a few words from Judge:
TESTIMONIAL COMING SOON…
Here’s a look at some more successful 12 week weight loss journeys:
And there were others who lost an amazing amount in the 12 weeks…
Kelly V. lost 32lbs and just missed out on 1st place by 1%!
But it’s not all just about weight lost in 12 weeks. That is why I met with every individual and we came up with an individual goal for them.
Losing weight fast is an amazing feat that deserves recognition, but losing weight at a pace that is right for you is most important.
It’s a combination of your lifestyle and timing.
When is it the right time for you to really immerse yourself in the process?
To not only consistently workout, but to consistently say no when tempted with food that does not support your goals, to put in the hard work when you’re tired, to create good habits and change that is going to stick for the long term, not just 12 weeks!!!
I would like to thank everyone who gave their honest best this challenge, didn’t settle for good enough, and improved at least 1 habit moving forward.
We are after all, “just a sum of our actions, and therefore our habits.” – Aristotle
NOW LET’S ANALYZE SOME STATS:
- We had 60 people start the challenge
- 6 people had to drop out for personal reasons
- So that gives us 54 total individuals
- Total weight loss: 518lbs
- Average weight loss per participant: 9.6lbs
- Average attendance per participant: 41 total sessions (out of a possible 72 workouts in 12 weeks)
- Average weekly attendance per participant: 3.4 sessions/week
Here is the biweekly total weight loss throughout the challenge for the 54 participants:
- Week 2 – 126.8lbs
- Week 4 – 87.4lbs
- Week 6 – 109lbs
- Week 8 – 59.2lbs
- Week 10 – 45.5lbs
- Week 12 – 45.4lbs
Here is the weekly average for attendance throughout the challenge:
- Week 1 – 4.11
- Week 2 – 3.96
- Week 3 – 3.44
- Week 4 – 3.74
- Week 5 – 3.43
- Week 6 – 3.63
- Week 7 – 3.74
- Week 8 – 3.46
- Week 9 – 3.28
- Week 10 – 3.09
- Week 11 – 2.15 *** December 23rd – December 29th
- Week 12 – 2.76 *** December 30th – January 5th
As you can see it started strong. I challenged everyone throughout the 12 weeks to make it into the gym at least 4 days/week. Based on our historical data, we know that 4 days/week is the minimum magic number when it comes to consistent, expectable weight loss.
The top 8 individuals who lost more than 18lbs averaged 4.5 workouts per week:
- Lara lost 34lbs with 6.67 workouts/week – Lara was doing doubles during the holidays!!! :0
- Kelly lost 31.6lbs with 6.33 workouts/week – Kelly was doing doubles during the holidays!!! :0
- Judge lost 30.2lbs with 6 workouts/week – Judge never missed a workout!!!
- Keith lost 28.4lbs with 1.67 workouts/week – Keith hurt his hand at work and could not attend for a month but kept up with his nutrition!
- Marc lost 20.4lbs with 4.17 workouts/week – Marc hurt his back at work for and could not attend for a few weeks but kept up with his nutrition!
- Sonya lost 20.4lbs with 1.58 workouts/week – Sonya couldn’t attend as much as she wanted to for personal reasons but kept up with her nutrition!
- Corrine lost 18.8lbs with 5.08 workouts/week
- Jenna lost 18.6lbs with 4.5 workouts/week
****Let it be noted that both Lara and Judge had the highest attendance rate of both female and male****
HINT: Consistency and commitment equals results.
Of the 54 challengers, 22 individuals averaged over 4 days/week at the gym.
- These 22 individuals lost 298.5lbs
- An average of 13.6lbs per person
- And of the 22 individuals, 8 lost less than 10lbs
So my question for you is how consistent are you going to be in these next 12 weeks?
YOU CAN CREATE A GREAT AMOUNT OF CHANGE IF YOU DECIDE TO.
The Biggest Winner season 12 is scheduled to start Saturday March 3rd. Sign up will be posted in the gym next month.
Committed to your success,
Josh Saunders, BSc, CSCS
Langley’s Go-To Weight Loss Gym