“Josh asked me for a ‘few words’ which is IMPOSSIBLE because there are so many incredible things to say about Befit & it’s community!! I could go on forever about how I promised myself I would be in the best shape of my life when I turned 40 & Befit just helped me crush that goal. Or how much solace this place has given me during some really tough times. Or how brilliantly designed, not just the workout days are, but also each week, each month. Don’t even get me started on all these new muscles that I have that I didn’t even know existed, cause I could rave about those too!
But instead, I want to mention value. Because even though we all pay for the same gym membership we definitely do not all get the same value! So here are my tips & tricks to maximize the value of a Befit membership…
- First & foremost, no brainer, the trainers here are beyond amazing!!! They have a ridiculously impressive wealth of knowledge that they will gladly & passionately share with you. Just ask!
- Never skip a warm-up or a stretch. They’re so important Josh put them in every single workout!
- No matter what your brain tells you, no matter what excuses it can concoct, no matter how logical or convincing they may seem, never skip an exercise, or a round, or even a rep. You can grab lighter weights if you need to, or take a rest, but don’t talk yourself out of anything because you’re the only one you’re cheating. At least that’s what I tell myself every time I do nordics. I hate nordics!! There I said it. But I still do the damn nordics!
- Slow down. One slow, thoughtful, focused rep with steady breath can be worth ten fast sloppy reps. There’s no prize for finishing first so you might as well take your time & make each rep count!
- Do the Biggest Winner contest. It’s a game changer! I can’t even fathom how much money I’ve wasted on weight-loss gimmicks over the last 20 years. This was by far the best $100 I’ve ever spent!
I am beyond honoured to be a Befit All Star & to join all the badass All Stars before me who have inspired me SO much. I also absolutely have to give a shout out to my girl Johanne Brams who encouraged me to give Befit a try!! Even though we work out at completely different times & I’ve actually never seen you there lol, you helped change my life lady!”