In light of the provincial notice suspending any indoor group physical activity, we want to be extra diligent that we are conforming to the guidelines moving forward.
As stated on the province wide restrictions, gyms and recreation facilities that offer individual workouts and personal training sessions can remain open as long as they have a COVID-19 Safety Plan that is strictly followed.
So for the next few weeks (these restrictions are in place until at least December 7th until new guidance is developed), we will be operating much like a big box gym where you come in and do your own workout. Please use one of the training pods for your space and wear a mask when in the common areas.
To reserve your hour block. You will reserve on our schedule page or on the mindbody app.
If you need ideas for your workout, there will be a SWEAT based and STRENGTH based workout provided for you on the screens with format that you can manage on your phones.
No clocks will be used during the sessions and a staff member will be functioning as a weight room attendant/personal trainer to assist you if you have any questions.
Here are our Covid Protocols for when you arrive:
- Please wait outside until a member of our team is ready to check you in as we have to limit the amount of people in the facility at any one time to decrease traffic and improve contact tracing.
- We’ve taken the extra precaution to create a member waiting area outside of the facility that is marked with lines and designed to keep waiting members spaced out 6 feet and to allow for safe social distancing practice (alternatively, you can wait in your car or in the parking lot until you see your timeslot being checked in).
- When you arrive a member of our staff will check you in after the individuals from a previous hour block have left the facility.
- Every member will be asked to disinfect their hands upon entering and exiting the gym using the provided solution at the front door.
- We ask that if you are have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite that you please don’t come to the gym.
- If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 please let us know.
- Staff will be self monitoring for symptoms and will be required to stay home if feeling unwell and members should do the same.
- When entering the facility please proceed to an available training pod and bring all your belongings with you.
- We request that all members please wear a mask when entering the facility and throughout the common areas.
- You do not have to wear a mask while exercising in your training pod.
- The gym currently has 20 pods spaced at least 2 meters apart for you to train in
- If you are coming in with your core bubble, you are welcome to train in the same training pod to create more space for others during peak times. Maximum gym capacity is 25.
- During your workout, each member will stay in their workout pod and only touch the pieces of equipment reserved for them in their space. There will be no sharing of equipment. This eliminates cross contamination of equipment and limits movement throughout the gym.
- Each space will also be equipped with a sanitizer bottle containing Grassroots, a disinfectant approved by Health Canada to kill the coronavirus. Members are asked to disinfect the equipment they touched thoroughly at the end of each workout.
- If possible, please arrive at the gym in workout clothes to avoid using the washrooms on site. You will bring your water bottle, sweat towel and belongings with you to your training space. (Please do not put items in the cubbies).
- Please limit bringing additional belongings into the gym unless you need them for your workout.
- Staff will be cleaning high touch areas including bathrooms, dumbbell racks, and high contact areas every hour.
- We have increased our janitorial services in light of Covid-19. At the end of each day we will have our cleaning staff deep clean and disinfect the entire facility, equipment, restrooms and surfaces to ensure the facility is clean and safe to use the following morning.
- Even with these precautions in place, we realize that some of our members still may not feel comfortable coming back into the gym and that is why we’re committed to keeping our True Coach Online Personal Training available for those members who wish to continue training online with us. This will ensure we can continue to serve our members at home with the same results driven workouts that you’ll find in the gym at BEFIT.
- If you don’t feel comfortable coming in, you are welcome to move to the true coach app for at home personal training with Emily and I. Please email us how many days/week you would like to train with what equipment you have at home and we will get you set up right away if you wish to utilize this option.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate.
We appreciate your patience and understanding and commitment to your fitness during this time and apologize for this inconvenience.
Committed to your success,