This is part 3 of a 6 part interview series with the BEFIT personal trainers.
We developed this interview series so that you can learn more about the trainers who are having an impact on your health and fitness.
In this blog post, we’re chatting with our newest addition to the team, BEFIT Performance Coach, Irvin Sandhu.
1. What do you like doing in your spare time?
In my spare time you can find me hanging out with my dog, or enjoying the nice weather when we get some! I can also be found gaming with my friends.
2. What got you into personal training?
My boxing coach asked me to lend him a hand teaching other students, and I began to find myself enjoying the process of training others.
3. What advice would you give to someone just starting out on their fitness journey?
Beginning your fitness journey with the right mindset is vital. If you get into fitness because you want to feel great and improve your health, you will enjoy the process as well as get results.
4. What are you currently working on to get better at right now? This could be anything from education, personal development, fitness, nutrition…
I am working on rehab for my right shoulder due to lots of repetitive stress. I am also working on expanding my knowledge about different mobility techniques.
5. What’s your favourite exercise?
My favourite exercise changes over time, right now it is the pull-up. I have also always had a proclivity for calisthenics.
6. What is your biggest weakness?
Hip mobility and my right shoulder.
7. Favorite motivational quote?
“Practice doesn’t make perfect, it makes permanent.”
AND SOME MORE INFO…
Irvin is currently in his 4th year of a Kinesiology degree at Simon Fraser University. He typically trains at BEFIT on Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings, so if you haven’t had a chance to meet him please introduce yourself next time you are in the gym! He is certified as a personal trainer through the American Council on Exercise (ACE).
Committed to your success,