This is a 6 part interview series with the BEFIT personal trainers.
We developed this interview series so that you can learn more about the trainers who are having an impact on your health and fitness.
In this blog post, we’re chatting with BEFIT Performance Coach, Chantal Valk.
1. What do you like doing in your spare time?
I love anything adventurous like Wild Play or indoor bouldering (rock climbing). I also love hanging out with friends and enjoying a night in playing N64 or SuperNes. I am a huge animal lover and spend lots of time with my cat Pancakes and my rabbit Ferocious.
2. What got you into personal training?
My older sister was the one who got me interested in training by showing me her anatomy books.
3. What advice would you give to someone just starting out on their fitness journey?
Take every day one step at a time. What is hard today will be your warmup one day. Do NOT quit! It never gets easier, you just get stronger.
4. What are you currently working on to get better at right now? This could be anything from education, personal development, fitness, nutrition…
I am working on trying to rehab my wrist for better mobility.
5. What’s your favourite exercise?
I love the DB snatch! (note from Josh – this is why we named a workout “Snatch by Chantal”). Honorable mentions: handstand pushups, deadlifts, TGU, hee haws and anything to do with pull ups or landmines.
6. What is your biggest weakness?
That would be mobility and my right wrist.
7. Favorite motivational quote?
“Progress, not perfection.”
AND MORE INFO…
Chantal typically coaches the am group sessions with us at BEFIT. When she’s not coaching you may see her in the later morning or afternoon working out alongside the members or personal training. One of her mottos is LIFT HEAVY MY FRIENDS, as she loves lifting heavy and improving strength.
Committed to your success,